A Daddy, a Momma, a Big Sister and a Baby Brother.

Monday, March 5, 2012

Ellie's Room: Part 2.5

So I started working on Ellie's room back in September. It just had animals I copied from a book.

Then in October I got a little more creative and added some animals that weren't in the book.

I didn't do much over the winter, mostly because I'm lazy and it was cold.

Now I've gone a little crazy and for some reason feel like I need to cover every inch with paint. I'm definitely not done, but I've done enough to warrant an update.


I tried to make it look like grasslands. At first it looked like it had really bad hair plugs, but I fixed it so it looks a little better. I've  kind of given up on the carrying the patches thing through it all. I still have things to fix and some parts just didn't get painted. Don't look too closely.

You can see the grass a little better here. And I like the water.


Obviously it needs work. I'm thinking of putting a little pond or something right behind Ellie's crib with fish and frogs and things. So she can see it and it doesn't seem like a big hole in the painting.


I also put the leopard in a tree. It also needs more work. I need to try and incorporate the snake branch in with the other tree.

And I added some water for the fish.

And added some vines. I wish I had thought the animal placement through better before I did it. Otherwise I wouldn't have put the crocodile way up there. 
The picture of Christ is one of Ellie's Christmas presents from her Aunt Whitney. She loves to point to it and give Jesus hugs. It doesn't go with the animals, but Ellie loves it.

I'm not sure what else to this wall. 



Grasslands

Forest

Jungle.

Like I said, it needs work. I'm nowhere near done. The last wall has the closet in it and I'm considering making it a cave. With bats.

Anyway, that's the latest on Ellie's room. A few minutes here and there make it go slowly, but Ellie carries around a (unused) paintbrush and "helps" me. She knows that if she touches the stuff I've been painting, it will get her fingers "dirty". 

She doesn't like things to be dirty.

More later!

6 comments:

  1. I love it, Mary. And it looks even that much more amazing in person. I'm excited to see what it will look like in the end. =) You really are VERY talented. I was just thinking about how I'm going to decorate our nursery and how I wish I could paint it, too when I saw your new post. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing Mary! Seems like you painted quite a bit since I was over to babysit Ellie and I love what you have added!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your failure to highlight the octopus hanging from the web in the "forest" picture is weak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute! I wish we could paint our baby's room...let alone paint it as fantastically as you did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a tree (family tree)on my wall in my livingroom. Are you up to it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ADORABLE!!! i love the grasslands the best!! you are so talented mary! it's like the picture of the temple in the boys planes, trains, and automobiles room. i'm just painting their room blue, but when it's done i'll post pictures of the whole house! next week! ;) good work mar mar!

    ReplyDelete