A Daddy, a Momma, a Big Sister and a Baby Brother.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

House Update

So I realize that most people only saw our house (via pictures) before we'd actually moved in. So now that we're somewhat settled I'll take you through what we've done.

Disclaimer: I didn't clean especially for this, so what you see is what you get. Don't judge.

Living Room

Before

After

Changes:
furniture
pictures (some)
painted window frame
no window unit!!!
no baseboard heater!!!

Before

After

Changes:
more furniture
painted door trim
no closet door
no nasty tile (well, covered nasty tile)
there is still a base board heater, but it's tied in with the lights somehow, so we haven't taken it out yet
ignore the painter tape around the closet doorway, I didn't get to finish that before my paint ran out

Future plans:
curtains
more pictures
floating shelf above sofa
new carpet


Dining Room

Before

After

Changes:
furniture (imagine that)
pictures
curtains (probably not permanent)
the table serves as my desk and sewing/craft table, so it's always covered in stuff
air vent instead of baseboard heater!!!

 Future plans:

maybe different curtains
decorative curtain for sliding door

Kitchen

Before



After 



Changes:
Stuff everywhere
picture
goal board

Future plans:
more fun toys
curtains
rug
maybe a new dishwasher...
NO MORE ANTS!


Laundry Room

Before
After


Changes:
my awesome new washer/dryer (aka R2 & D2)
food storage
some paint supplies

Future plans:
we talked about someday moving the washer/dryer downstairs and making this room a huge pantry
get rid of nasty floor
probably get rid of garden sink


Man-Cave

Before
After


Changes:
furniture
PAINT!
no more wall paper!!!
air vent instead of baseboard heater!!!
curtains
painted trim and closet door

Future plans:
sewing table
this is our spare bedroom, so when we get downstairs finished we'll move the man-cave down there and make this a real guest room
new curtains?
better bookcases (these are the cheap ones that had to be screwed to each other and into the wall in order to keep them up. They're missing the bottom shelves because of a certain baby)
fix baseboard (yes, I painted it to look like there was one where they took the baseboard heater out)

Hallway

no before or after here, but we did some work


so when we started, the two doors at the end of the hallway (man-cave left, master bedroom straight) were not painted. They were straight-up brown wood, along with the trims. The other doors/trims were all painted. It bothered me. So I painted the trims and took the doors downstairs and painted them. It was a pain because the paint kept peeling off. The other doors have only one coat of paint and you can really tell, so I'm going to have to touch those up too.


Ellie's Room

No before/after pics here either, but I'll show you what I've added since the last post about it
ugly baby elephant
I'm not sure why, but I really don't like it

he has a weird face

then I tried to add some foliage



I'm not incredibly happy with it, but I'll have to do more now that I've started with the plants. Maybe some vines?

spider
I wasn't originally going to do it, but Ellie liked it

yes, it's honking big spider, but I'm not going to claim proportion for any of these animals

I like that it's going down to the chair

I am also in the process of doing a snake, which, unlike the spider, is small compared to everything else. It's a baby snake, ok?

So that's pretty much it for work done inside the house. I'm sure we'll being doing touch-ups here and there until we move out, whenever that will be. But we're happy with the house and there's plenty around for me to do.

3 comments:

  1. The "man cave" looks so much better!!! I also like the new paintings that you have added to Ellie's room, it looks real good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my word. i love what you've done with the place! :) i CANNOT WAIT til we have a home. wow. i love your dining room table and chairs. i also love your washer and dryer. and i love that the man cave isn't orange and blue anymore. and i really really love the goal board, what an excellent idea! you are such an awesome homemaker! i say fill in the white space on ellie's walls with green swirly vines. that's just my opinion. i think the paintings are great, lucky ellie! love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done so much! And I like all your paintings, no matter what you think of them. You've been busy, and it looks great =)

    ReplyDelete