A Daddy, a Momma, a Big Sister and a Baby Brother.

Friday, May 17, 2013

Playing pretend

Since Malcolm was born, (11 weeks ago) Ellie has been obsessed with all things baby.

When she isn't acting like a baby, she's taking care of babies.


 Feeding the "baby," who also happens to be wearing one of Malcolm's diapers.


Baby spit up during a burp.


Then the babies did tummy time.

Ellie has also taken to playing dress up.


Wearing some random fishy-swim-thing at the ward shop n swap


Her new "Cinder-bella" dress


And an upside-down Batman mask. I wish I'd gotten a good picture of her wearing it. It was absolutely terrifying.

And the other day I caught her dong this:

 
She kept excitingly telling me she was an "inductor'. Finally I realized she was pretending to conduct some music.

And I guess Elle's not the only one who plays pretend. Will got himself a new game, either for Christmas or for his birthday, and we've been playing it a lot lately...



Dungeons & Dragons. I'd never played before, but it's been fun. We're currently level 4s. And in case anyone is interested, I'm a Rogue Halfing, Michael's a Elf Wizard, and Will is our Dungeon Master and a Human Fighter. It's fun, but super time consuming. Just one encounter (fight) takes like 2 hours. And we're still figuring out how everything works, so that makes it take even longer. But you don't realize how long you've been playing until you check the time. Now we just need a couple more people to help fill out our party...

I guess it's good to know that old people have imaginations too.

(Also, I offer a formal apology for the crappiness of my pictures.)

3 comments:

  1. Aww man! The Northrups want to get a DND group going but don't know anyone to be a DM. Wish you guys were here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it all.... what a fun time of life for each of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahaha "it was absolutely terrifying" also I enjoyed learning about your dungeons and dragons character haha

    ReplyDelete