A Daddy, a Momma, a Big Sister and a Baby Brother.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Happy Easter

So our Easter wasn't super duper exciting, but we still had fun. This is the first year Ellie has really participated and mostly understood what was going on, so that made it more fun. It also meant that we actually had to do stuff, unlike last year.


The weekend before Easter we got together at my parent's house (a.k.a our temporary living arrangements) and had a family Easter egg hunt with kids 8, 4, 2, 2, 1 and Malcolm. (And 28, 27, 25, 24...) They had lots of fun.






Malcolm didn't seem as excited as the other kids.


The Friday before Easter we dyed eggs. We didn't do it last year, so I thought Ellie would have fun doing it this year. I took a couple pictures with my phone, but they turned out really blurry because I used my phone.

Saturday there was an Easter egg hunt at church that we were going to go to, but we woke up that morning to Ellie saying, "Mommy, I can't smell!" The rest of us had colds for the last few days and Ellie was the last one to get it. We all felt the nasty-morning-with-a-cold feeling, so we didn't go to the egg hunt. But it was all good.

Easter morning Ellie got her basket from the Easter bunny, but I don't have pictures of that because I wasn't there when she opened it. She got a little bit of candy, a slinky, a tutu, and a new movie (which immediately got put onto Netflix watch instantly, go figure). We still had colds on Sunday, so we only went for the first meeting of church. And Malcolm didn't enjoy the musical program as much as the rest of us. It was hard to be too upset about him being unreasonable when I was in such a spiritual place and thinking about the Savior.I can honestly say that I feel more gratitude during Easter than during Thanksgiving.

Anyway, before church I tried to get some good pictures of my kids in their cute Easter outfits. They turned out rather well, considering I was using my phone again. (I do have a camera, but I don't always have it on hand, or know where it is, or have the energy to go get it.)






She had an owie. And she was acting tired, hence the fingers in the mouth and no smiles.


So handsome!

Baby updates:

Ellie has now started drawing people!


Aunt Jenny, currently serving a mission in California.


Grandma.



She's getting so big, I can hardly believe it!


Probably the best picture I've taken. Ever.

And Malcolm has started smiling and cooing.


He has the best facial expressions.



Big smile!


Ellie looked at my picture, added some clouds, and then decided we all needed jackets because it was cold outside. So I let her add some jackets. Obviously the child needs to experience some warm weather.

1 comment:

  1. Ellie's Easter dress is very pretty and Malcolm was a handsome devil. I love Malcolm's double chins! And oh my goodness...the picture of Ellie on the the trampoline is AMAZING! I'm thinking that you should probably frame that one.

    ReplyDelete