A Daddy, a Momma, a Big Sister and a Baby Brother.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

First Snow

This morning I told Ellie I had a surprise for her. Of course she got all excited and could barely climb the stairs because she was dancing around. After getting her upstairs, I pointed out the window. At first all she saw was a bird, and then she noticed that it had snowed. It's probably not even an inch but she started dancing and screaming and wanted to go outside without even eating any breakfast. I made her eat breakfast, but then we did go play outside, because I wasn't sure how long the snow would stick around. This is her first real snow here in Virginia. She kept saying, "Snow! Just like Nana's house!" :)




She really liked making "snowballs" and throwing them at me.


I showed her how to make snow angels. I thought she wouldn't like laying down in the snow, but she went a little crazy after I had her do the first one.


There's like 4 snow angels in this picture, including the one she's making.



Some of Mom's bulbs got confused and started to come up. I feel kinda bad for them.

We only stayed outside for about 10 minutes because I am a wimp and I thought she was lucky to get that. We might go out again later if it warms up some. I really want to make a snowman with Ellie. We'll need some more snow first though.

Also for your enjoyment we have some pictures that Ellie and I took while waiting for Mom and Jenny at a store that has very little to hold my interest. I will say though, it was probably some of the most fun I've had with Ellie in a while.

First we tried on some glasses. We seriously did this for about 20 minutes. Usually Ellie's attention span comes nowhere near that.


My little nerd girl. :)




We also tried on some fun headbands, but Ellie didn't seem to enjoy that part as much.


She really was happy, I promise. She just decided to make that face when I took this picture.

As for a baby update, I'm currently 35 weeks. That means I have 2 weeks left before they won't try and stop things if I go into labor. Baby boy is definitely head down now, and I can still walk, so that's pretty cool. On a sad note, I'm currently starting my second cold of the year... and we're not even through January yet. Yuck. I guess this is what happens when you actually come into contact with other people on a regular basis. Noted.

And here's a belly pic for 34 weeks.


I insisted on taking another one, since this one doesn't do the belly justice, although it's a decent picture of me.

 

This one is a better belly shot, but I look stoned. I guess when you are not naturally photogenic you just have to take what you can get.

I'm at that lovely point when you decide that you would rather go through labor than stay pregnant. Too bad I have like 5 weeks left. But I've learned to deal with most of the problems, such as getting used to the fact that anything with decent amounts of sugar will cause me significant heartburn, or how to put on socks without hurting myself (most of the time), or remembering that I can't actually breathe when I bend over, or realizing that laying down immediately after eating anything will basically cause me to throw up, or that I always, always have to pee. All wonderful things. Oh, and never being comfortable. Ever.

Besides that everything is good.

And a quick house update: people still hate our driveway, but apparently they love our house. So far the only one that seems interested in moving in, though, is a little tiny owl that has made its home on our back porch.

And that's pretty much it. I don't expect any exciting baby news for several more weeks, but I'll be sure to update as exciting things happen.

1 comment:

  1. Good thing you took 2 belly pictures because I was thinking that the you weren't looking that big in the first one. But then I saw the second one picture and was like "Whoa!" ;)

    ReplyDelete