A Daddy, a Momma, a Big Sister and a Baby Brother.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

It's Raining, It's Pouring

Yesterday it rained for most of the day, and the temperature hovered right around 70 degrees. Since Will was away on a camping trip with the boy scouts, Ellie and I took advantage of the weather to do some playing outside. And I took a lot of pictures, mostly from the shelter of the deck. So here's way too many pictures of Ellie in the adorable rain coat she got from her grandma for her birthday.



There's a leak in the deck roof, so we started there. With a shovel.




She brought me this little rock and told me it was an egg. She then asked me what was inside it. When I said there was nothing inside it because it was a rock, she got angry and threw it.


My favorite :) Catching raindrops in her mouth.


"But why can't we play in the car?"


This is random, but here's our new grass growing in over the septic tank.


Scoop it up...


dump it out.


Scoop it up...


and bring it over to dump on Momma. I really wish this one was in focus.


Stomp in it.


Jump in it.


And because you're still here, I guess you wouldn't mind seeing a couple other random pictures of Ellie from this last week.


Of course I get a decent picture of her shirt now that I'm not trying.


Shown: how NOT to use a yoga mat. 
This also shows how difficult it is to try and work out with a bored toddler around.


And because you've stuck with me this far, here's your reward:


That's Will's thumb, which is like twice the size of mine, and he was standing next to me, reaching out as close as he could get. I was standing a ways back, zoomed in all the way, and wasn't brave enough to stick my hand next to it. So it was actually larger than it looks, if you can believe that. The thing stuck in the web is a rather large cricket, all wrapped up. Will then proceeded to kill the nasty thing for me.

So there you have it. That's what we've been up to this last week.

3 comments:

  1. First of all, can you ever really post too many pictures of Ellie? She's adorable in that rain coat! Second, I'm sooo glad Will killed the nasty huge spider for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO fun - LOVE the rain coats! We're so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Ellie finally got to wear her rain coat when it was actually raining. Love ALL the pictures, she's adorable!

    Hate, hate, HATE spiders!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete