A Daddy, a Momma, a Big Sister and a Baby Brother.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Conductor of the Potty Train

I must say that potty training is a lot more work than I expected it to be.


Don't ask.


You probably shouldn't ask about this one either.

Potty training was a wreck, at least until I figured out the proper motivation. I knew very well that Ellie could use the potty, but she didn't want to. In fact, several times I would catch her doing an uncomfortable dance and she would refuse to go anywhere near the potty. And then I would get frustrated and she would get frustrated and she'd pee on the floor and get very upset. And then I would get upset.

So we went out and bought some glittery stickers and Elmo's Potty Time and ever since then she's been going like a pro. We haven't had an accident in several days.

Too bad we're going on a mini vacation in a couple weeks. Hopefully it'll stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment