A Daddy, a Momma, a Big Sister and a Baby Brother.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Quality Family Time

We are heading out to West Virginia in 10 days.

Before we left, we had to spend some time with my family. And there are a lot of them around to spend time with.


My brother, Ryan, and his wife, Jenni, just recently moved out to Virginia with my parents. They brought along their daughter, Ashlynne. 


Ashlynne is 2 weeks younger than Ellie. We were due a couple days apart, but Ellie came a week early and Ashlynne came a few days late. We call them Twin Cousins.


Ellie and Ashlynne hadn't met until last Saturday. 



They were a little cautious at first, but pretty soon they were best friends.





Ashlynne's dad (my brother Ryan)

Ashlynne's mom (my sister-in-law Jenni)

the two cutest babies EVER!

After the babies got acquainted, I took part in what seems to be becoming a new tradition at the Rollins household. My brother-in-law Brook challenges various members to a ridiculous contest involving some sort of gross abuse of food. He is too wimpy to take part. This latest challenge involved lots and lots of Skittles. And seeing how many can fit in a human mouth.


There were 5 contestants, including me,


my sister-in-law Whitney,


and my little sister Jenny (not to be confused with Jenni).

*disclaimer* I did not actually bring my camera, so all these photos are stolen from family members. Whitney had more pictures from the contest, but said that they were in fact too gross to post. Which I appreciate. Thanks Whitney.

We had a lot of spectators cheering us on, as we took turns shoving 5 Skittles in our mouth at a time.


When it was Whitney's turn to quit (i.e. go spit out a nasty wad of Skittles), she chose to make loud retching noises in the bushes, which threw off the competition (Jenny). Thanks for that Whitney.

After 200 Skittles, it was down to me and Jenny, and I knew that what had once been a game was now becoming serious. I could not lose to my baby sister. She dropped out at 210. I continued on to 220. I only rubbed it in a little bit.

My prize: extreme bragging rights and a $1 cash prize.

Is my mouth really bigger or did I just have the best cheerleaders?
It's a mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment