A Daddy, a Momma, a Big Sister and a Baby Brother.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

To the Shores of Tripoli

U.S. Marine Corps Hymn (Marine Hymn) 

From the Halls of Montezuma
To the Shores of Tripoli;
We fight our country's battles
In the air, on land and sea;
First to fight for right and freedom
And to keep our honor clean;
We are proud to claim the title
of United States Marine.

Our flag's unfurled to every breeze
From dawn to setting sun;
We have fought in ev'ry clime and place
Where we could take a gun;
In the snow of far-off Northern lands
And in sunny tropic scenes;
You will find us always on the job--
The United States Marines. 
 
Here's health to you and to our Corps
Which we are proud to serve
In many a strife we've fought for life
And never lost our nerve;
If the Army and the Navy
Ever look on Heaven's scenes;
They will find the streets are guarded
By United States Marines. 


I'll admit, I only knew the first 2 lines of that song. But I would recognize the tune anywhere. And I heard it quite a bit this last weekend when my oldest brother, Jeff, graduated from the Officer Candidate's School at Quantico Marine Base.
When I was in high school, I decide that I wanted to be in the FBI. Then I changed to the Army. Then I wanted to be a Marine so that I could join the FBI and eventually end up in the Secret Service. I wanted in on the action!

But my mom wouldn't let me.

Now I'm so glad for that, because I honestly don't think I'm tough enough. Jeff went through a ton of crap that would have kicked my butt. So here's a big congrats to him!
4th Platoon of C Company

all the graduates

Jeff is in the front of the third line. Or fifth from the left. It was REALLY hard to find him at first. They all look the same.

I think that's him on the far side. Maybe.

The actual graduation took place at the Marine Corps Museum.
Jenny wanted to be a soldier.

Officially a 2nd Lieutenant.
Pinning on his bars.
We all took turns pinning them on each side of his jacket and collar and on his hat.

Cody found his Daddy.

So cute!
My FAVORITE picture!
Such an awesome family. Cody, Jeff, Whitney and Kyler.

Get your Marine face on!
Is this a Marine face?
how about this?
or these?

Good try, but this is what a Marine face looks like
Go Jeff!

4 comments:

  1. I think Jeff is the most blogged about person this last week. I'm so proud of him! And I'm so glad training's done and that his family's together again. =) Yay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks mary, you're so insanely awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad you'll miss the Chicks-Eating-Donuts event this afternoon. We could really use your photographic skills and wit to capture all the excitement and drama.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, i would so be competing, not taking pictures. Any excuse for donuts...

    ReplyDelete