A Daddy, a Momma, a Big Sister and a Baby Brother.

Monday, November 5, 2012

Leaves Are Falling All Around

Well, it's November.

True to the title, we've had lots of leaves. (Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of leaves)


We take walks almost every day to help my back feel better. And to let Ellie get some exercise.


One of Ellie's favorite things to do is play on the trampoline with Grandma.


They throw leaves at each other.


I like her flying pigtails in this one, even though it's out of focus.

We also got to watch my almost 4yo nephew, Peter, play soccer.



There are few things cuter than a bunch of 3yos playing soccer. It's a good shot of him running, but as you can see, his dad (and coach) is holding the soccer ball, so I'm not sure where he's running to.


Peter. He spent most of the game like this:


But he did score a goal right before we got there.


He got a medal and a trophy for the season. :)

Also, it was COLD! I was not prepared, and therefore froze to death.
It was unfortunate.

Oh, I forgot the actual Halloween. I didn't really take pictures. And we didn't go very far. Ellie was tired and my back hurt. But we had some fun and got to eat Ellie's candy.


Her antennas got better with every round.

And finally, here's a list of funny Ellie sayings:

Ellie ran up to Grandma and said, "You're OLD!"
Grandma and I were rather taken aback, until Ellie said, "My Daddy OLD!" Then Grandma felt better.

Ellie climbed up on a chair and gave me a serious look and said: "Momma... question for you... what you think about...  *looks around room* monkeys?"
I didn't really know what to say.

Her newest insult: "Your face has worms!"
Or
"Your face has mushrooms!"
Not sure where she got those.
 
I've also started a list of ridiculous things I've had to say to her, such as:

"Don't bite that moose! It's dusty."
"Please don't use your face to go up the stairs."

Also, we found a home for the kitten. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Ellie is too funny! Where does she come up with these things? I'm glad that you are able to spend more time with your family now.

    ReplyDelete