A Daddy, a Momma, a Big Sister and a Baby Brother.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

True Story

So yesterday I was grumpy. But I had good reason.

Will informed me Tuesday night that if we paid for the driveway and the movers, we wouldn't have any money left. We get reimbursed for the movers, but only after Will starts his job. Most of our savings are tied up in Will's work and will only come through with his last paycheck, which will be the end of November. Our credit limit is less than the movers and driveway together. Not to mention all the random little things, $100 here, $200 there, that pile up when you're trying to get a house ready to sell.
And I had just gotten us out of (a small, yet annoying amount, of) credit card debt.

I had no idea how we were going to pay for everything. Which on top of everything else was just not cool. So randomly during the day yesterday I was saying little prayers, just asking for help and to let us know things would be ok.

Out of the blue yesterday Will got a message at work from his future boss. The guy offered to pay for the movers up front, just because. The paperwork we signed specifically says that they don't do that. We don't know what caused this guy to offer that, but we are ridiculously thankful.

Coincidence? Maybe. 
I like to think of it as Someone watching out for us and letting us know that we are doing what we are supposed to be doing. I feel loads better now, just from that one situation working out. I guess if Heavenly Father cares enough to fix that, everything else will work out too.

I don't post a whole lot of religious stuff, but my religion is important to me. And it's through little things like this that my faith gets reaffirmed over and over again.

"Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise."
 Alma 37:6 (in the Book of Mormon)

1 comment:

  1. WOW. That's so awesome. So glad you recorded it. This is one of those awesome stories people tell...

    ReplyDelete