A Daddy, a Momma, a Big Sister and a Baby Brother.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Big Girl Helper

Apparently there is nothing more exciting to a toddler than being a "helper". 
(Except maybe Elmo)

Ellie is my big helper. We got this started because she is the mess maker.


If you can believe that. What else would you do during naptime?

So, in order to help her understand that I don't particularly like cleaning up after her, she now is in charge of helping me. I mean, she has always had to clean up her own messes, but now she's getting to be an even bigger helper.


Cleaning.


Cooking.

Pretty much she's my little Cinderella.


Even picking (or hiding) apples.


When Daddy helps, things get more complicated. Such as the pants ending up on the head, rather than the bum. And extra candy corn.


Silly Daddy.


Or when I ask her to put her jacket away.

She even helps me exercise.



Step 1: Stretching. (socks not required)


Step 2: Push-ups.


Step 3: Leg lifts.


Step 4: Sit ups. (emphasis on obliques)


Step 5: Weights.


Don't forget to stay hydrated!

This is pretty much what my workout has been limited to. Due to my low blood pressure I am not comfortable riding my stationary bike over a concrete floor, or doing pilates where any level change causes me to get very dizzy. So I'm stuck with boring stuff. It only takes about 40 minutes (or, hypothetically, two episodes of Say Yes to the Dress. Hypothetically.) But I'm not as flexible as Ellie, or even as flexible as I used to be. I blame this:


It also doesn't help that I'm having random back-aches, sciatica, and hip/leg joint pain. The joys of pregnancy.

Anyway, my latest trick in getting Ellie to help is to hand her a little spray bottle with water in it and let her go to town on the counters, the cabinets, the table, whatever. Obviously not anything that will get ruined, but she LOVES it. More often than not she ends up soaked, but at least she's happy and not in my way.

And tomorrow we will get to see our other little helper! It sounds like most everyone thinks it's a boy. We'll just have to see. I'm pretty darn excited. It's not like I'm counting down hours, or anything like that (19 1/2). We're planning on celebrating by going to Texas Roadhouse, where I will consume a huge steak and a million rolls. Also, Will gets the whole day off, so that's awesome!

Anyway, more info as it comes. :)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! So fun =) Ashlynne loves helping too. I love the exercise routine pics. I can't wait to hear about the little one tomorrow =D

    ReplyDelete