A Daddy, a Momma, a Big Sister and a Baby Brother.

Monday, March 26, 2012

the 100 workout

So I just finished the 100 workout. It goes something like this:

100 jumping jacks
90 crunches
80 squats
70 leg lifts
60 jumping jacks
50 crunches
40 squats
30 leg lifts
20 jumping jacks
10 minutes of running

Holy crap.

I've been working out every weekday for the past several months for at least an hour. I alternate between doing pilates, target toning and riding the exercise bike. And after being used to all that, this hurt.

It took me about 40 minutes. And a good chunk of that was spent laying on the floor sweating and panting.

If you want the details about the workout you can find them here.

I did a few alterations. Jumping jacks and crunches (I broke the crunches up into 9 sets of 10) I did normally. During the 80 squats I did 40 standing squats and 40 side to side (step right, squat, back to center, step left, squat, back to center). Then I did bent-knee leg lifts and added a reverse crunch (while your knees are up, curl up your tail bone, pulling your lower back off the floor, knees over your chest). That one killed, especially after doing 90 crunches. And then doing 50 more crunches. And then 30 more leg lifts... my abs will be iron (with a nice cushion) after this. With the 40 squats I did 20 standing and 20 plie (sp?) squats (legs spread, feet turned out, squat down with straight back and hands on hips). Instead of running for 10 minutes, I did 10 pushups. Mostly because I can't really go running right now and I thought some arm workouts would be nice. I can't actually do real pushups, so I did girly ones. Don't  judge.

It took about 40 minutes.

After resting for a few minutes, I feel pretty good. So I might move on to some low-key pilates.

A lot of people have been asking me about the workouts I do or when I find time to do it. This is quick, tough, works a ton of different muscle groups, and doesn't require any special equipment. 

I'll keep it up and see how it does long-term.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. That is RIDICULOUS!!! I am so doing it when I hit my 6 week mark (or when I get to the no-pain-left portion of post-partum).

    By the way: you're a beast.

    ReplyDelete