A Daddy, a Momma, a Big Sister and a Baby Brother.

Friday, January 13, 2012

My Favorite Things

Today is one of those days where I'm just happy and content and thankful for everything.

Here's a list of just a few things I've thought of today that make me happy:
(in no particular order)

SNOW! (woke up to almost an inch and a half and it's still coming down)
some place warm to be while it snows
old baggy sweatshirts
chicken nuggets (especially ones shaped like dinosaurs)
my washer and dryer (they play me music when they're done)
banana bread
Ellie's words, especially please
dancing with Ellie this morning to "E-I-E-I-O"
Friday the 13th (we got married on a Friday the 13th almost 3 years ago)
Julie Andrews
Netflix
my kitchen
Will comes home early today! (fingers crossed)
date night
my cow kettle

it's ok to be jealous
hot chocolate
Ellie looking for Daddy while he's at work (she's sure he's just hiding somewhere)
musicals
my piano
warm showers
my slippers

and, most importantly, MY FAMILY!

4 comments:

  1. Julie Andrews? I'm not sure I understand. Is that a girly-thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous,

    Julie Andrews sings in Mary Poppins and the Sound of Music, and I've been listening to both lately. I suppose you could call it a "girly-thing".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary - Ashlynne does the same thing while Ryan's at work. Either she'll ask for him or look for him. And every creak the house makes evokes "Daddy?" I see her scurry up the stairs every once in a while, and when she doesn't come back down right away, I go investigate. I find her in our room trying to look on the bed and saying, "Daddy?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love old baggy sweatshirts! i thought of you guys on friday the thirteenth. ;) i wish my husband would come home (a few weeks) early! haha. love your list. miss you guys like crazy. and cody LOVED that ellie calls him cookie. he said she says that because she's just a baby :)

    ReplyDelete