A Daddy, a Momma, a Big Sister and a Baby Brother.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Mahna Mahna

We haven't had much going on for the past couple of weeks, but we've had a couple fun things happen.


One of our goals for this year was to be better about Family Home Evening (which is difficult with a toddler that goes to bed at 6:30)


So I spiced things up with our Family Night Fort! It was fun, but I think Will liked it better than Ellie did.

(Sometimes pants are optional in the Family Night Fort)

Then we had the issue of what I like to call "Exploding Kitchen Items." After having several (meaning 2) glass pans explode in the oven, I decided I was never going to use glass ever again. So I decided we would be safe with pizza.


My pizza stone broke clean in half with the pizza still on it. For no reason that I could see. Since we make pizza at least 3 times a month, this made me very sad.

Then we played with our new telescope that my wonderful parents gave us for Christmas. We had to wait for a clear night that wasn't too cold.

Notice the little bits of crunchy snow on the ground. I tried to take a picture of the moon through the telescope... but it was not meant to be.


It was definitely more exciting than that. It was the first time in my life that I've ever wanted to be an astronaut. The moon is beautiful. Also we saw the moons of what I think was Jupiter. 

As far as weather out here goes, this should just about sum it up for you:


Cold enough for a sweater and a beanie, but warm enough for a sun hat and a lei.

And finally we have Ellie's latest trick. In Ellie-ese, milk and meow are both pronounce "mahna". She always says it twice. Mahna Mahna. So we started singing her the song (which is the favorite of my nephew Peter). If you do not know the song, look it up. (And I pity your poor pathetic childhood.)


4 comments:

  1. Ellie did such a cute job singing her song. She always makes me smile, especially when she says my name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that's awesome!!!! It sounds like your oven is possessed lol :) Ellie is as cute as always and was cool to see her singing!!!! :) I hope you all had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Dad almost had a heart Attack because Ellie was so cute. You will have to be more careful what you post. Weird about your oven....

    ReplyDelete
  4. i almost had a heart attack because ellie was so cute too. i want to keep her!!!

    ReplyDelete