A Daddy, a Momma, a Big Sister and a Baby Brother.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Will's Cake

Will's birthday was last Friday. But he wasn't there. Except that he came home early and was there for that evening. But we didn't celebrate it then. Except that he opened his one present: a book that he was half-way through because he borrowed it from the library.

But I made him a cake. He requested an ice cream cake. 
A chocolate strawberry ice cream cake.


First, I made a chocolate cake in my new spring-form pan.
While it was baking I blended up some strawberries.
When the cake was done, I let it cool and then put it in the freezer for an hour. 
Then I cut the cake in half, because I didn't feel like making 2 cakes.
I then stacked one layer of cake, one layer of vanilla ice cream, the blended strawberries, the other layer of cake, and then the rest of the ice cream.
I let it freeze for like 6 hours.


Then I took whipped cream and mixed it with some leftover strawberry blend (Will's request, despite making the cake pink) and spread it all over.
The next afternoon I did the finishing touches.

It was delicious!

Happy Birthday Will!

2 comments: