A Daddy, a Momma, a Big Sister and a Baby Brother.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

There were three in the bed and the little one said...

So the exciting  news for this last week: Ellie rolled over. Twice. The first time I witnessed and immediately rushed to tell Will on IM. The very next day I was waiting and ready with the camera for 20 minutes when I heard my phone go off in the other room. I left Ellie on the floor for a couple seconds while I got my phone and came back to find Ellie happily flipped onto her back. Silly baby. She's also tried several times to flip from back to front, but hasn't quite managed it yet. Also this week, yesterday in fact, she turned 4 months old.

Now, 4 months isn't very old. 1/3 of a year. It wouldn't seem like much has happened in the last 4 months. Here are the things she's accomplished in that time:

-holds her own head up
-sucks her thumb
-grabs at everything
-holds things
-makes eye contact
-smiles
-laughs
-removes her pacifier
-replaces her pacifier
-burps on her own (very exciting)
-gone up 2 diaper sizes
-doubled her birth weight
-sees more than a few inches in front of her face
-rolls over (kind of)

Those are just the things I can think of off the top of my head. The next 4 months will be even more fun with learning to sit, crawl, roll over more and start on solid foods. Babies grow so quickly! She only has 6-8 more months of being a baby and then she will officially be a toddler. I had a dream last night that she was a teenager and wanting to borrow my clothes and I distinctly remember thinking how much I missed my baby. I just can't believe how big she's getting!

So here's to the next 4 months!

1 comment:

  1. I especially like the part about the teenage dream. I haven't gotten that far, but I have dreamed of Ashlynne being 2 or 3 with a 1 yr old brother...

    ReplyDelete